The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Acceptable Targets - Some have theorized that Hayley is just a sociopathic sadist who looks for socially acceptable targets, like pedophiles.
- Some believe that the writers view pedophiles and hebephiles as Acceptable Targets and were playing this trope straight.
- Alternate Character Interpretation - Both characters are subject to this, more so Hayley.
- A lot of people seem to think Hayley was molested or otherwise abused, driving her to seek revenge on men like the one who hurt her, which does change things up a bit.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Either Jeff or Hayley is often subject to this.
- Just Here for Godzilla: That torture scene.
- Magnificent Bastard: Hayley Stark.
- Mind Game Ship: Hayley and Jeff's entire interaction with each other.
- Misaimed Fandom - The ambiguity of the film strikes again.
- Moral Event Horizon - Jeff crosses it offscreen in the backstory by virtue of being a predatory hebephile and either a murderer or accessory to murder, Hayley during either the castration scene or the ending. Neither character is a good person at all.
- Narrowed It Down to the Guy I Recognize: Surprisingly subverted. Sandra Oh, despite appearing in several famous movies and shows (including a starring role in Grey's Anatomy) has been placed in a OneSceneWonder role as an extra; despite being very suspicious of Hayley, she disappears for the rest of the plot (besides Jeff using her suspicion to try and make Hayley paranoid) acting as a human RedHerring of sorts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.