|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Happy Marriage!? is a 2009 manga.
Chiwa Takanashi is an average 23-year-old office lady, except for the fact her family is drowned in mountains of debt. Her mom ran away from home already and her father, well, her father only gets her in more trouble trying to resolve their debt's problems.
She works in part-time work as hostess, a work that made her lose faith in the male gender. One day, she meets a young and very rude customer that makes her get fired. Soon after she discovers he's the president of the company she works for in the office. And that his grandpa, the chairman, wants to repay a favour to her family from the time he worked for her grandmother....in exchange of Chiwa marrying his grandson, Hokuto.
For the money, Chiwa accepts, but she still don't likes the idea of marrying a man she doesn't love. Also, she's still a virgin.
Written and drawn by Maki Enjouji. Serialized by Shogakukan's Petite Comic.
- Accidental Pervert: Hokuto gets to see what's right between the thighs of Chiwa....without underwear to hide it.
- Arranged Marriage: Between Chiwa and Hokuto. Presumably, both aren't happy about it and are doing it out of necessity, though Hokuto's reasons are obscure.
- Chekhov's Gag: Chiwa's panties in the first chapter. First she thought she hadn't brought them to Hokuto's apartment, and later he brings them to her because she had just missed them inside his residence.
- Going Commando: Chiwa walks around Hokuto's apartment wearing just a towel to avoid this because she apparently forgot to bring her panties to Hokuto's apartment.
- Men Can't Keep House: Hokuto's apartment is an incredible mess, despite the fact he seems to be a very organized man otherwise.