|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
A Josei manga that ran 1996-2003 in the magazine 'Feel Young' by Moyoco Anno about the adventures of Kayoko Shigeta, a Christmas Cake who is unlucky in love and in work. She lives with her more successful and grounded friend Fuku, and dodges the advances of nerdy bookstore employee Takahashi. The English Tokyopop edition is out of print. It is rated 'M' for explicit content. A TV series aired on Japanese TV in 1998.
Tropes found in this work:
- Bastard Boyfriend: Shigeta has several through the series.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Shigeta borders on it half the time and is a complete one the other half.
- Looking for Love In All the Wrong Places: Shigeta's various affairs with unavaliable and often married men.
- Love Triangle: Shigeta, Takahashi and Violet, for one.
- Office Lady: Shigeta tries to be one, and fails. Fuku is a more successful office lady.
- Really Gets Around- Shigeta and her guy pals.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Both Shigeta and Fuku. they both find one
- Sex Comedy: Shigeta's romps.
- Your Cheating Heart - with a married man, no less.