|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Hannah Fury is a female musician. Her most famous album, The Thing that Feels, contains several songs based off of Gregory Maguire's Wicked. A later EP has other Wicked-related songs not on the album.
She has been compared to Tori Amos and Kate Bush, but her style is unique. While her early albums were primarily piano-based, later ones involved synthesizers and drum machines, her song style occasionally having rap. Her style is characterized by overlapping, whispery vocals, and low and high voices.
Aside from music, Hannah also makes jewelry, sometimes customizing them for fans.
Hannah Fury's website can be found here.
This musician and her works contain examples of:
- And Your Little Dog, Too "And Your Little Dog Too". (Surprise!)
- Break Up Song "Status", also a good source of Nightmare Fuel.
- Drowning My Sorrows: "Angels & Absinthe".
- Call-and-Response Song: "Let It Show" is told through a conversation between Elphaba and Glinda.
- Femme Fatale The POV character in "The Necklace of Marie Antoinette".
- Gayngst: Many of her Wicked songs have this subtext, especially "Let It Show".
- Hidden Track: Track 14 on Through The Gash.
- Make It Look Like an Accident Sung verbatim in "The Necklace of Marie Antoinette".
- Marie Antoinette: Some of her songs revolve around her.
- Ominous Music Box Tune
- Oz Pop
- Sexy Backless Outfit: See page image.
- The Dark Side Will Make You Forget: "And Your Little Dog Too". It's also a major Tear Jerker, as it shows how truly disillusioned Elphaba has become, speaking to Dorothy as though she was her mother, all while saying incredibly creepy things.
- This Is Sparta: "Bring. Them. To. Me."
- Yandere "No Man Alive" has strong overtones of this.