|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Hangin' With Mr. Cooper was an American sitcom that aired on ABC from 1992-1997. For most of its run, it was on the TGIF Friday lineup.
The series centered on former NBA player turned Cool Teacher Mark Cooper, along with his roommates, childhood friend Robin (who was later replaced by Mark's cousin from Georgia, Geneva, and her daughter, Nicole), and Vanessa. Mark's next-door-neighbor, Tyler, was also a cast member.
This series provides examples of:
- Away in a Manger
- Bratty Half-Pint: Nicole at times.
- Celebrity Is Overrated
- Cool Teacher: Mark.
- Couch Gag: During the first season.
- Country Mouse: Geneva
- Crossover: With Full House
- The Danza
- Drop in Character: Tyler
- Gold Digger: Vanessa was this before she started dating Mark.
- Mama Bear: GENEVA!
- Only Sane Man: Geneva
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Soul Man" during Season 2
- Relationship Upgrade: Mark and Vanessa in the fourth season.
- Sexy Santa Dress
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Geneva, after Robin's actress left the show.