|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel was a Fighting Game developed by Natsume and released for the Super Famicom in 1996 by Bandai. It was quite a technical achievement for the time as it included vertical scrolling (something that wouldn't be a standard for fighting games on home consoles for a few more years). Each player takes on the role of one of the various Gundams (or Tallgeese).
Though Endless Duel never left Japan, the same engine was used for another mecha-based SNES fighter, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition.
Gundam Wing Endless Duel contains the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Lady Une, Lucrezia Noin
- Cheat Code: Pressing LLLLRRRRLRLRLRLR while highlighting Tallgeese in vs. mode or trial mode allows you to play as Epyon.
- Emulation: Let's be honest, if you are playing this game, you are probably emulating it.
- Final Boss: Epyon...Fucking Epyon
- Humongous Mecha: This is Gundam after all.
- Unwinnable by Design: Trial Mode will never end no matter how many fights you win...though the win counter stops at 99