|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Long ago, there once lived a tribe, one that was culturally and technologically advanced. The people were impressive engineers, yet to be bested even today. To guard their treasures from the wrong hands after they left, they built a stone-shaped guardian that would bash any intruder's body. And it was left at that for thousands of years.
When famed archaeologists heard of the marvel that was the tribe's society, they ran for the treasure at the heart of the ruins, hoping to get a glance at what could be the key to solving all their petty efficiency problems. Little did they know that they would become cannon fodder for a certain spirit's ultimate test...."
A flash game made by Torpedo Lab, Guardian Rock is a very fun and challenging puzzle game that functions similar to the "unstoppable block" games. Here, you take the role of an ages-old guardian rock as he strives to free the temple (and keep its secrets safe) from greedy archaeologists. It takes a delightful break from the usual Adventurer Archaeologist genre in that you get to play the object that any of them would dread. Of course, even he doesn't get it easy; there are Spikes of Doom, temporary blocks, warps, and the occasional TNT crate or two. But it'll all be worth it in the end. So, what are you waiting for?
- Fridge Logic: Okay, anyone want to show how a stone guardian, of all things, is weak against spears?!
- Perhaps the stone guardian is several thousand years old, and thus, starting to crumble.
- Guide Dang It
- Interspecies Romance: After defeating the evil archaeologists, Guardian Rock settles in with a hot spirit block named Gretta.
- Lost Technology: The protagonist.
- Mechanical Lifeform: The protagonist, as part of the brilliance of the lost civilization.
- Mooks: The Adventurer Archaeologists
- Nintendo Hard, unless you know what you're doing. Especially on the last level.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder
- Scrappy Level: #48. "Hello Infernal Death Machine", indeed.
- Temporary Platform: The spirit blocks.
- Virtual Paper Doll: You can get additional rock skins/mook clothes through the Mochi store, either as freebies or as part of an extra level pack. There's also an additional skin for the rock when you beat the game.
- Your Head Asplode: Happens whenever Guardian Rock dies.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Spears.