|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Grumble is a webcomic written by Agent#1 of Clan BOB fame. This comic is unique, for several reasons. The main one being that while the comic itself has text, the text is unreadable.
Well, not completely unreadable. There are still words and such. They're just in a rather confusing cipher. The point of the webcomic is to emphasize the actions over the characters more than the words: the text, while technically translatable, is simply to show that something is being spoken in that space. You can make up your own dialogue if you'd like: Agent doesn't really care.
The comic can be found here. Please give it a while to sink in ? it typically isn't something most people get in a day, but it tends to grow on you.
This Webcomic Provides Examples of:
- Bilingual Bonus: Some of the dialogue is hilarious, provided you know the cipher used to write the comic. Did we mention it changes periodically?
- Butt Monkey: Green seems to get into a lot of problems for little to no reason, and has terrible luck.
- Color Coded for Your Convenience: All of the main characters.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Most of the colored characters balance another color out. Subverted in that the balances typically aren't with opposite color characters.
- The Unintelligible: Everyone and everything, even the sound effects.