The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- The character wakes up one morning to discover tiny wings on their back, which grow over time until they are functional.
- The more realistic the story is, the more slow and painful the change will be. If the keeled sternum and large flight muscles also develop, it can be a mild case of Body Horror.
- The wings appear suddenly, often as a result of a magical spell.
- The initial sprouts can be ridges, feathery tufts, or tiny, articulated wings.
Note that this trope is for permanent or semi-permanent wings. Wings that appear and disappear go into the category of Power Gives You Wings.
Examples of Growing Wings include:
Anime and Manga
- Princess Ai sprouts a pair, on account of her unconventional heritage.
- The Music Video for Asian Kung Fu Generation's "After Dark" features a man randomly sprouting wings on his back one day, and desperately hiding them until a window-washer is dangerously close to falling off a building. Awesomeness Ensues.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.