"There are times when it's worth putting aside the endless myopic navel-gazing that occupies so much literature, in order to look out at the universe itself and value it for what it is."
His novels are:
- Quarantine - The solar system is locked in a bubble by aliens. People routinely use "neural implant" devices to rewire their brains.
- Permutation City - Philosophical inquiry leads to the creation of a universe, simply by starting to simulate it and then turning the computer off.
- Distress - Political intrigue surrounding the development of a Theory of Everything.
- Diaspora - Faced with a natural disaster on a galactic scale, post-humans flee into another universe.
- Teranesia - Through quantum computing, life becomes capable of mutating into the optimum form for its environment.
- Schild's Ladder - Post-humans explore the interior of a sphere of total annihilation.
- Incandescence - Pre-industrial aliens discover General Relativity because their world circles the black hole at the centre of the galaxy.
- Zendegi - Simulations of human neural maps are used to add realism to a virtual world.
- Orthogonal - Aliens in a universe with very strange physics build a Generation Ship in an attempt to avert disaster. A trilogy, consisting of:
- The Clockwork Rocket
- The Eternal Flame (forthcoming)
- The Arrows of Time (forthcoming)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.