|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Back to the Green Lantern character sheet.
Leader: Agent Orange
Base of Operations: Earth (formerly Okaara)
Powered by the Orange Light of Avarice, the Orange Lanterns are a legion of gibbering phantoms emanated from the mind of Agent Orange, the keeper of the Orange Light. They are constructs created in the image of Agent Orange's victims, whose very identities he has stolen.
- Hive Mind
- Klingon Promotion: Whoever kills Agent Orange gets to be the new Agent Orange.
- Large Ham: MINE!
- Oddly Small Organization: Larfleeze is the first, last, and only true member of the Orange Lanterns; all other members are orange light constructs. And Lex Luthor that one time, but that really didn't go well.
- Justified. The orange light embodies extreme greed, so of course the lanter-holder wouldn't want to share the power with anyone else.
- One-Man Army
- There Can Be Only One: Unlike the other colors, the orange light is at its strongest when channeled through a single user.
- You Will Be Assimilated
- Shrug of God: Many fans have been asking when the Orange Lantern oath would be revealed. The response was basically "soon" (back in 2010). It's actually taken so long it was made fun of by Lex in Action Comics.
Notable Orange Lanterns
Homeworld: Earth (originally Ogatoo, then Okaara)
The only true member of the Orange Lantern Corps. Billions of years ago, Larfleeze was part of a band of theives that stole Parallax from the Guardians. While hiding out in the Vega System (and following a map they also stole), Larfleeze and his remaining men found the Orange Central Power Battery (unlike the others, it's small and handheld). While they began to fight over it, the Guardians and the Manhunters showed up and demanded Parallax. In return, they gave them the Vega System and the power of the Orange Light of Avarice; however because of its nature, the Corps can have only one member (as greed is inimical to sharing) and so Larfleeze killed them all. Besides being the whole Corps, Larfleeze is also the Guardian of Greed and more or less its Avatar as well. He makes up for the lack of numbers by making legions of constructs of all the people he has killed (and eaten) over the long, long time of being Agent Orange.
- Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny
- Big Eater
- Horror Hunger: The orange light fills its host with constant, ravenous, endless hunger. When Hal first encountered Larfleeze, Agent Orange was happily devouring a big table of disgusting, rotten food.
- Blessed with Suck: Before becoming Agent Orange, Larfleeze was one of five thieves who successfully pulled a heist on the Guardians of the Universe. Afterwards, he has enough power to intimidate the Guardians themselves, but the greed inherent in the orange light cripples his mind to the point that he can rarely think of anything more than food and immediate possessions. When seperated from the ring for a short while, the last thing he says before it lands on his finger again is 'Keep it away!'
- Body Snatcher: Though his constructs are not intended to fool anyone, they're capable of everything their stolen identities could do in life.
- Collector of the Strange
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: You do not want to be the one to tell him he can't have something. New Guardians shows that he's not only powerful, he can be quite cunning when he wants to be.
- Delusions of Eloquence
- Evil Is Petty: He has the power to rival most demi-gods, and yet all he does is want (and take) things.
- Faux Affably Evil: He could challenge the Joker in being DC's Trope Codifier for this.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: He gets really angry when he doesn't get his way.
- Hive Queen
- Pig Man: When first meeting him, Hal thought he looked like a wild boar crossed with Gonzo.
- Though fans tend to say that Larfleeze looks more like a horse or a baboon.
- Psychopathic Manchild: At his core Larfleeze is a greedy child with too much power.
- Really Seven Hundred Years Old: Larfleeze is one of the oldest beings in the Universe. This also makes the Orange Lanterns the oldest Corps.
- Shout-Out: During a story framing sequence, Larfleeze is seen hoarding the 7200 rings of the potential Corps, and swimming through them.
- Villainous Glutton
- The Woobie: When it's revealed the one thing he really, truly wants most of all is his family.
Glomulus was originally the resident pet in an Okaaran tavern, purchased to keep the place clean by eating scraps off the floor. Then he got some blood on him during a Bar Brawl - and decided it was tasty. After eating everyone in the bar, he wandered into the forest, where he encountered and was consumed by Larfleeze.
He's now a part of the New Guardians, as Larfleeze sent him out to find who's trying to take rings from each corps, including (especially) his own. Or at least, that's the cover story, as Larfleeze manipulated the group into fighting another of his enemies.
- Big Eater
- Team Pet
- Shape Shifter: As an Orange Lantern, since he's only a construct.
- You No Take Candle
Ophidian the Tempter
The Avarice Entity--the living embodiment of the Orange Light, given life and strength from the envy, gluttony, and greed of every sentient being. Ophidian inhabits the Orange Power Battery and speaks directly to Agent Orange's mind, inflaming his avarice. Because of its supreme greed, Ophidian hated its servitude to Agent Orange.
- Rule of Symbolism: Ophidian is implied to be the same serpent that tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden. Who is considered by some to be one and the same as someone that's associated with light as well.
Orange Lantern Constructs
- Lex Luthor