|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Leaders: Ganthet and Sayd
Base of Operations: Odym
The second of the new colors to be harnessed. The Oans Ganthet and Sayd left the Guardians of the Universe due to disagreement over what to do about the coming war of colors and the Blackest Night prophecy. Blue Lanterns are few in number as the selection process goes slowly, and they have a symbiotic relationship with the Green Lanterns. The Blue Light of hope is of little use on its own, allowing only flight and personal forcefields, but in the presence of a Green Lantern, the will of the Green gives hope tremendous power, and the Blue Lanterns can in turn supercharge the Green Lanterns.
- Green Lantern Ring: Blue power rings have the same powers as green ones, plus healing, the power to soothe emotions, and the power to instill hope in masses of people. However, most of their powers only function in the presence of a Green Lantern.
- Hope Bringers: Only those who can inspire great hope are inducted into the Blue Lanterns.
- Hope Springs Eternal
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: To the point that Blue Lanterns are immune to the power of Sinestro Corpsmen and Orange Lanterns, and can purge a Red Lantern of his/her rage.
- Kryptonite Factor: When the green light of willpower is nearby, the blue light becomes the strongest of all seven. But by itself, the blue light is the weakest of all seven.
- The Medic
- The Pollyannas: They are always hoping for the best.
- Saintly Church
- Survival Mantra: "All will be well."
Notable Blue Lanterns
The Hope Entity—the living embodiment of the Blue Light, given life and strength from the hope and faith of every sentient being. The symbol of the Blue Lantern Corps is based heavily on Adara's winged figure. Born from the first prayer of a sentient being, Adara chose to inhabit the body of Nicole Morrison, a teenage kidnapping victim who forgave her abductor. Much like Ion, Adara seems to be a passive influence on its host, merely lending them its great power as opposed to outright possession like Parallax. Its most recent known host was one of the Guardians of the Universe.
Saint Bro'Dee Walker
The living saint of the Blue Lantern Corps, Walker of planet Astonia was the very first member inducted into the Corps by Ganthet and Sayd. His planet doomed by its dying sun, Walker and his family set out on a pilgrimage to a mountain summit where, it was prophesied, a messiah would appear. Due to a series of tragic accidents, all of Walker's family died, and when he finally reached the summit, Walker called out in anger that no messiah was to be found. It was then that he looked into a reflective stone on the mountain summit and realized that he was the messiah. He returned to his distraught people and preached to them until they became peaceful in their final moments before a Blue Lantern Ring found him. Restoring his dying sun and saving his world, Saint Walker traveled to Odym to serve the Blue Lantern Corps.
- Badass Preacher: Let's reiterate: he's a priest with a power ring.
- Determinator: Maybe not to the extent of a Green Lantern, but he has a tendency to not give up in the face of overwhelming odds. The fact that he kept ascending the mountain to find the messiah despite slowly losing his family to accidents cements this trope.
- Heroic BSOD: If his journal is any indication, the death of his son pushed him into one.
- The Messiah: Forgave Larfleeze his attack on Odym and reached out to Atrocitus upon learning he too had lost his family.
- His origin story implies that he is literally this to his people.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Briefly, when reaching the top of the mountain and finding it devoid of anything.
- Sexy Priest
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: ...oddly enough for a vaguely cetacean-looking alien.
Hand-picked by Saint Walker, Brother Warth is the second Blue Lantern. This serene alien resembles a humanoid elephant bedecked in gold jewelry. Warth aided the Green Lanterns against the Red Lanterns on planet Ysmault.
- Expy: He looks like the Hindu deity Ganesha. His pose in the Blue Lantern group shot also displays him in a Buddha-like pose.