|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Acceptable Targets: Nerds, apparently.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment:
- "Beauty School Dropout".
- "Those Magic Changes" in the stage version.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Summer Nights".
- Say what you will about the movie itself, but there's no denying that on it's own "Summer Nights" is pretty awesome.
- "Greased lightnin', go, greased lightnin'..."
- Ear Worm:
- "Brusha, brusha, brusha/ Get the new Ipana/ With a brand new flavor/ It's dandy for your teeth!"
- "Grease is the word/ Is the word/ That you heard/ It's got groove/ It's got meanin'!"
- "I got chills! They're multiplyin'!"
- "Tell me more tell me more/Like, does he have a car?
- "Greased Lightning"
- "Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee/ Lousy with virginity/ Won't go to bed 'til I'm legally wed/ I can't, I'm Sandra Dee!"
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop:
- Conformity is the only way to be happy! By conforming with the non-conformists, no less.
- Sandy becoming a whore to get her man.
- Is that a teacher along as a mechanic for the illegal
- Danny getting involved in school activities and doing better at his education is just as much of a sacrifice as Sandy slutting herself up and starts smoking for him.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The jock that Sandy briefly dates is Lorenzo Lamas, better known to some people as Reno Raines.
- Ho Yay: There is perhaps an undercurrent between Danny and Kenickie. During "Summer Nights" Putzie is seen briefly groping Kenickie who looks like he's thoroughly enjoying it. And "Greased Lightning" is brimming with homo-eroticism what with the butt-shots and Danny's head being in direct line to Kenickie's crotch and vice versa much of the time; the fact that the lyrics are about how much pussy they're going to get makes this a Crowning Moment of Funny. There's quite an undercurrent in the 'Will you be my second?" conversation they have just before the race.
- Kenickie's head also likes to find its way in between Danny's knees during the music numbers, A LOT.
- Stoic Woobie: Rizzo. Especially in her song "There Are Worse Things I Could Do".
- Unfortunate Implications: To mend the rift in the relationship with the boy you like, you have to dress in revealing clothing, wear tarty make-up and talk in a husky voice. Nice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.