The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- Why does Ariel wear a purple Seashell Bra?
- Purple must be her favorite color.
- What became of Ariel’s seashell bra offscreen after she became human for the first time? Did she remove it before wearing the shipwreck sail? Or did she wear it underneath? If so, did she remove it before taking a bath at Eric’s castle? What was done with it afterward?
- The maids either took it, disposed of it and replaced it with a cloth bra, or just an undergarment, or she got to keep it because they figured it's hers and she's weird that way.
- She's still wearing the same purple seashell bra when she goes back underwater with Ursula, so she either kept the original one or made herself a new one.
- I like to think Ariel continues wearing the purple seashell bra simply because it is a reminder of where she comes from. So, when the maids were giving her new clothes off screen, I imagine Ariel refusing to give up her seashell bra, which is why she was still wearing it on the third day. We also see in the sequel that she still wears twelve years later, (even under her purple gown. That article of clothing clearly means a lot to Ariel....
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.