|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Why fight crime when you can kill it?"
Gotham City has gone insane, and Batman is up to his pointy ears in unwanted "helpers" determined to dish out their own bloodthirsty brand of vigilante justice in his name (and image). Meanwhile, a small army of self-appointed junior Jokerz has turned the streets of Gotham into a barmy battlefield of bullets, bodies and bear traps.
This video game contains examples of:
- Absurdly High Level Cap: The level cap is one thousand. This not counting the promotion mechanic so the technical level cap could be much higher than even that.
- It actually is hard cap (currently) of 1000, broken into ten 100-level promotions.
- Cluster F-Bomb: The comically-bleeped "Crass" voiceset, which includes such gems as "I'm gonna *BLEEP* in the hole I just put you in!"
- Comeback Mechanic: In an interesting twist, two of the games Rampages are triggered when you do poorly, generally dying five times without a kill.
- Fan Service: The Nimble bouncing around in her lingerie (to say nothing of the Jokerz' 'Russian Dominatrix' "Sensual" voiceset), Walking Shirtless Scene Toughs and Speedies...
- Fan Disservice: ...the massive, immensely fat Mighty and supremely paunchy Burly bouncing around in nothing but entirely-too-tiny briefs
- Fragile Speedster: The two slimmer body types, especilly the Speedy who can border on a One-Hit-Point Wonder at times.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Enemy-deployed Trap-in-the-Box + Enemy Team + Thunder Dragon rocket = Comedy!
- Katanas Are Just Better: They can be used both defensively & offensively, they're very powerful, and, as TotalBiscuit learned, VERY deadly when used right.
- MacGyvering: A lot of weapons and gadgets in this game are made from homemade stuff like the bottle rocket launching Thunder Dragon or the ball bearing-firing Shredder.
- Mighty Glacier: The Mighty.
- The Mario : The Tough, with no real strengths or weaknesses.
- Pacifist Run: As befitting how surreal and insane a game GCI is, this can actually work -- there is even a "Psych Profile" that rewards it, giving bonus Experience for performing only "team-based" actions -- none of which involve killing enemies yourself, and the game includes many useful 'Support' items and weapons to encourage this!
- Regenerating Health: Health regenerates in this game. However, regeneration is very slow so other methods have to be used.
- Restart At Level One: The promotion mechanic, which resets your level to one and gives you a mark on your calling card.
- The Smurfette Principle: The Nimble body type is the only female model in the game, but sees a good deal of use due to being respectably fast and possessing the best jumping ability in the game, while not being as supremely vulnerable as the Speedy.
- Springs Springs Everywhere: Trampolines. Roller-skate ramps. Air-vents to lift Glider Rig wearers airborne. Even spring-loaded boots and double-jump enabling 'inflatable insoles'. Yep, this is all over the place...
- Super Heroes Packing Heat : If one has a very relaxed standard of hero..
- '"Sir": His is the path of blunt force trauma and painful but nonlethal contusion, whereas ours is the more... efficacious path of cordite and home brewed explosives.