The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Also if there is some kind of level up see Transformation Sequence.
Compare Instant Cosplay Surprise.
Contrast The Nudifier.
Not to be confused with Gorgeous Period Dress.
Examples of Gorgeous Garment Generation include:
- The Fairytale Wedding Dress and princely clothes at the end of The Princess and the Frog appear when Tiana and Naveen are turned back into humans.
- Cinderella has such a scene, to fit the fairytale.
- At the end of The Little Mermaid, Triton makes Ariel human, but gives here a dress, to contrast Ursula giving her not extra clothes.
- Barbie As Rapunzel features this
- Four times over in Barbie and the Diamond Castle (six if you count the dogs getting all sparkly).
- October Daye has this forced upon her by various fairies. She finds it annoying.
- In Heinlein's novella Magic, Inc., Jedson is seen working with a young witch whose specialty is creating unique garments out of thin air. Unfortunately, she's been having some problems and produces dresses that are copies of existing designs on one try, and several hundred left shoes on another.
- In A Christmas Dream by Louisa May Alcott, rich girl Effie dreams she is poor and out on the street. An angel appears and turns the snow falling on her into a white fur cape and hood.
- Harry and Susan of the Dresden Files get one in Changes, courtesy of Lea (who is, yes, Harry's fairy godmother, and she revels in this opportunity). It also serves as heavy-duty magical gear. Half averted, though. While Susan's new gear got her checked-out by everyone; Harry's got laughs. He described it as the Games Workshop imagining of a Jedi Knight. Fitting, because he's a game-breakingly badass magician, in a world of Eldritch Abominations, and is now the Winter Knight.
- The original Fairy Tale of Cinderella has the Fairy Godmother make a dress for the title heroine.
- One of the joke items featured in an April issue of Dragon Magazine was the "Snazzy Ring", a magical ring that would make the wearer's armour take on the appearance of an elegant gown or suit, while still providing the same level of protection. Unless it went wrong, in which case it left you genuinely naked and destroyed your outfit, making it The Nudifier as well if you roll a 1.
- Beauty in King's Quest VI, who leaves Alexander her old clothes.
- In No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, we see a Show Within a Show that takes this to the next level- the resident Magical Girls have their clothes blown off by an attack, then instantly sprout new, frillier ones!
- One of the many bizarre inventions of Dr. Doofenschmirtz from Phineas and Ferb is a "Ball-gown-inator" that, well, puts a formal dress on anyone zapped by it. The idea was to use it on every male in the Tri-State Area so he would be comparatively more manly. There's a Freudian Excuse involved.
- In the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special, Skeletor uses his staff to create parkas on the kids he kidnapped, to show the spirit of Christmas was getting to him.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.