The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Good characters oppose each other.
- Straight: Kelvin and Maria are unambiguously good people, but are on different sides.
- Exaggerated: Kelvin and Maria are both incorruptibly pure, except when they're at each other's throats.
- They have different ideas of what constitutes goodness (for example, Kelvin is Lawful Good whereas Maria is Chaotic Good).
- Kelvin and Maria are both searching for the same MacGuffin that they plan to use for different but equally good purposes.
- There are two conflicting factions that run on Morality Kitchen Sink, so Kelvin and Maria have found themselves on opposing sides even though they're genuinely good.
- Kelvin means well but is unwittingly about to cause a disaster, so Maria has to go out and foil his plan before it's too late.
- Maria thinks Kelvin is evil, but he's really just misunderstood.
- The show focuses on a friendly competition such as a sport, and Kelvin and Maria are on rival teams.
- A massive famine has left not enough food and water to go around. Kelvin and Maria are fighting over resources for their people because splitting the resources would ensure both would die.
- Inverted: Evil Versus Evil
- Subverted: At first it seems like both Kelvin and Maria are both equally good people, but then we learn later that Maria is an evil bastard who was only pretending to be good.
- Double Subverted: ...But lo! Maria was good all along; it was a misunderstanding either on Kelvin's part or the audience's that lead them to think she was evil.
- Parodied: ???
- Deconstructed: Kelvin and Maria fight so much that they fail to work together when the real bad guys show up.
- Reconstructed: They manage to work together, bickering all the while.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Enforced: "Let's make it so that the audience can see the point of view of both sides."
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: A Manipulative Bastard turns Kelvin and Maria against each other, because they'll be easier to defeat if they don't work together.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Despite their differences, Kelvin and Maria work together.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Good Versus Good
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.