|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A character gets up in the morning and soon finds something bad has happened- or is about to happen to them. They respond with some variation of: "Sigh... I guess it's going to be one of those days."
- Weird Al's song "One of Those Days".
- Bionicle has Lewa after having his body stolen, being turned into an Eldritch Abomination, getting Thrown Out the Airlock, ending up in a jungle full of cyborg dinosaurs that shoot laser beams and finally getting captured by savages:
Lewa: Oh. It's going to be this kind of day.
- The eponymous character in Conkers Bad Fur Day says this when he wakes up from his hangover.
- The line shows up in Hotel Mario.
- On Batman: The Animated Series, Make 'Em Laugh
Dispatcher: (over Police Band) Disturbance reported at the top of the Crown restaurant. Suspect is a male costumed extremist armed with what appears to be a . . . Ketchup gun.
Batman: It's going to be one of those nights.
- At the end of the Looney Tunes short "Feline Frame-up", Claude Cat has been beaten up everywhichway, and on top of everything, is ran over by a street car. All he can say afterwards is "Just one of those days, I guess."
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars has Commander Wolfe remarking that "This is going to be one of those planets" upon seeing the diminutive lizard-like natives.