|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The games's plot involves an alien race known as the Vortaak invading the Earth and assuming control of the planet's giant monsters, sending them to attack cities across the globe. One monster breaks free from the Vortaak's control, and battles the other monsters in order to drive off the Vortaak.
The game was followed by two others, Godzilla: Save the Earth and Godzilla: Unleashed.
This series provide example of:
- Asskicking Pose
- Assist Character: Mothra, but only in the first game, and Battra.
- Badass Crew: All of the monsters.
- Breath Weapon: Naturally.
- Climax Boss: Mechagodzilla (Mecha-King Ghidorah if you play as Mechagodzilla), Spacegodzilla and the two boss monsters exclusive to Unleashed.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Any monster you pick will be the hero at the end of the game.
- Death From Above: Rodan, King Ghidorah, Mecha-King Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla. Also Mothra as an air-strike character.
- Dinosaurs Are Dragons
- Excuse Plot: The Vortaak are very aware of this.
Vortaak leader: "We will conquer your planet and harvest your resources! It's what we do...
- Fighting Game
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: And MUCH MUCH MORE!
- Fighting Series: Followed by Godzilla: Save the Earth and Godzilla: Unleashed.
- Foreshadowing: The leader of the aliens warns that they will be back, she wasn't lying.
- Good Old Fisticuffs
- Humongous Mecha: The Mech family.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: Or giant bugs, or giant robots or... You get the idea.
- Kill All Humans: You can use your monster to smash up anything you want.
- Launcher Move
- Life Meter
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Less in the first one, more would appear in the sequals.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Godzilla is technicaly a dinosuar.
- Playing with Fire
- Serious Business: The story is about the mosnters saving the world. Doesn't mean you can't have a little fun smashing stuff first.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill
- Tournament Arc
- Tron Lines / Volcanic Veins: The Critical Mass forms.
- Victory Pose: With an epic roar and everything.
- What Could Have Been: Bagan, Monster X/Kaiser Ghidorah, Hedorah, Zilla, and King Kong were all considered for Unleashed, but not included for various reasons.