|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Sully Erna: lead vocals, rhythm guitar, keyboards, drums, percussion, harmonica (1995–present)
- Tony Rombola: lead guitar, backing vocals (1997–present)
- Robbie Merrill: bass, (1995–present)
- Shannon Larkin: drums, percussion (2002–present)
Erna was a drummer since the age of 3, and wanted to form a new band in which he would sing rather than play drums, resulting in this band. The name is partly inspired by Alice in Chains' song "God Smack", as well as an In Joke about someone with a cold sore on his lip. After independently releasing an album and becoming a live favorite, the band signed to Republic/Universal and released their professionally-produced Self-Titled Album (a remastered and restructured version of their debut).
- 1998: Godsmack
- 2000: Awake
- 2003: Faceless
- 2006: IV
- 2010: The Oracle
Godsmack demonstrates the following tropes:
The band members themselves/live performance
- Cover Version: "Sweet Leaf"
- Movie Bonus Song:
- "Why" is exclusive to the Any Given Sunday soundtrack.
- Same with "Bring It On", for the Madden NFL '06 video game soundtrack.
- Take That: "Cryin' Like a Bitch" is directed at Nikki Sixx, after Cruefest II.
- The Alcoholic: "Whiskey Hangover"
- Alternative Metal
- Hard Rock
- Heavy Metal
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Around a 7. They occasionally have softer music, which is in the 4 range.
- Hollywood Voodoo: "Voodoo"
- Sully Erna is actually a Wiccan and what looks like a Wiccan ritual is performed in the video.