|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Set in an world of magic and chivalry, it's a story that follow a goblin who is taken from their nest and is used in an experiment by the humans.The goblin eventually escape his captures. Being spiteful in nature, the newly freed goblin plan out revenge on those who took part in his torture and use his newfound abilities from the experiment to his rise in power to become a Goblin Lord!
Not to be confused with Goblin Lord ga Katta Hi, the 2018 doujinshi created by Obui.
Goblin Lord has examples of:
- Adaptational Badass: Ryuna, Naru, Eri, and Elena are all characters from KainHauld's previous works. However, those stories take place in more realistic modern setting, while in this game takes place in a World of Badass fantasy setting, so they are changed to mages and warriors.
- Baby Factory: Like in Goblin Slayer, the goblins here are a One-Gender Race that captures women of other species in order to reproduce. After a breeding den have be established, the Goblin Lord can allow for his horde to take one of the women that they captured to the den to used for this purpose.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: The Goblin Lord was always going to be evil, but the torture he suffer under Elena, Krandall, and their associates turned the goblin from From Nobody to Nightmare.
- Big Bad: Elena the High Priestess serves as a Hero Antagonist variation to the Goblin Lord. Elena is the one who supplied the resources that Krandall needed to conduct his experiments on the goblins. With Krandall killed off early in the game, Elena is left as the person most responsible for the Goblin Lord creation and is the main target of his Revenge.
- Captain Ersatz:
- The goblins themselves are essentially supposes to be the same ones from Goblin Slayer that follows the same characteristics such as being an One-Gender Race that need women of other species to reproduce and engages in Rape, Pillage, and Burn. Although their tendencies to inflict Cold-Blooded Torture on their female captives is greatly reduce, which allows them to keep their captives alive for an indefinite amount of time, whereas in Goblin Slayer the goblin tend to keep their captives alive for about just under 2 weeks.
- The unseen "Goblin Killer", a high ranking adventurer that only goes after goblins, is a pretty blatant one to Goblin Slayer.
- Create Your Own Villain: Krandall, Naru, Eri, and Elena all had a hand in creating the Goblin Lord. Under the orders of Elena, Eri and her knights attacked nearby goblin nests in order to capture goblins that will be used as test subjects from Krandall's experiments. Krandall is an Immortality Seeker who began experimenting on goblin as a substitute to using human test subject. Eri wiped out the Goblin Lord original nest and had the goblin captured to used for said experiment. During the experiments, Krandall had Naru beat the goblin to near death, while Elena healed the goblin to keep him alive through the torture, in an attempt to force the goblin to evolve, which Goes Horribly Right. Shortly, afterward the goblin was able to get his hand on Krandall's magic staff and use it kill the arch mage and escapes. Now armed with a magical staff, enhanced intelligence, and new powers, the new Goblin Lord makes it his new life goal to get revenge on the women who helped Krandall.
- Express Delivery: Like in Goblin Slayer, the gestation cycle of any woman pregnant with a goblin is unnaturally quick. Any of the captured that women that the players allow the goblin horde to use as a Baby Factory will give birth after a minimum time of 4 days.
- Expy: Most of the characters here and clearly based on the ones from Goblin Slayer:
- The Goblin Lord is clearly meant to be one for the goblin lord who appears in Goblin Slayer's Raid on the Farm arc. However, his different abilities and appearance prevents him from being a complete Captain Ersatz.
- Naru the Bounty Hunter share characteristics from both Fighter and Martial Artist. Like them, Naru is a Bare-Fisted Monk and a Kick Chick. Her backstory of being saved by the "Goblin Killer" from a hobgoblin lines up with Fighter, but her appearance and status as a veteran adventurer better matches up with Martial Artist.
- Elena is a blatant one to the Sword Maiden without the past trauma of having been captured by goblins , at least not yet...
- Hero Antagonist: The Goblin Lord's main opponents which consist of Ryuna the Nun, Naru the Bounty Hunter, Eri the Knight, and Elena the High Priestess.
- Human Mom, Nonhuman Dad: If the player decides to let the goblin horde use one of their female captives as a Baby Factory, then woman will become the "human mom" to the goblin they give birth to.
- Immortality Seeker: Krandall who started experimenting on goblins as substitutes for human testing in an attempt to achieve immortality by increase one's mana.
- Instant Birth, Just Add Water: During the goblin birthing scenes, the captured woman will give birth to mere seconds after their water breaks. Somewhat justified due to the Express Delivery nature of goblin reproduction.
- Kill and Replace: After killing Krandall at the beginning of the game, the Goblin Lord finds out that he has the ability to change his appearance to look like Krandall. The goblin later assume the Arch-mage's identity and is able to freely walk around the human city of Malphina.
- Mars Needs Women: Much like in Goblin Slayer, the goblins need woman of other species in order to reproduce, and any woman impregnated by a goblin will only give birth to another goblin, which is demonstrated if the Goblin Lord allows his horde to use one of their captives as a Baby Factory.
- Orphanage of Love: Ryuna the Nun runs a small orphanage in the woods just outside of the city of Malphina.
- Revenge: The Goblin Lord wants revenge on those responsible for his suffering at the beginning of the story including Eri who wiped out his previous nest, Naru who tortured him for Krandall experiments, and Elena who also had a part in his torture and was Krandall's superior.
- Screaming Birth: During the scenes where one of the goblins' captive give birth to a goblin. Justified as they are certainly not going to get medical attention in an ruined castle occupied by literal sadistic monster that love watching the unfortunate woman suffer.
- Sex Slave: The fate of any women defeated and captured by the Goblin Lord and his minions.
- Starter Villain: The Archmage Krandall whom the Goblin Lord has to escape from him at the beginning of the game.
- Stripperific: Elena and, to a lesser extent, Naru.
- Take It to the Bridge: Naru's boss fight takes place on a bridge as the Goblin Lord determines that it would be the best place to ambush her.
- Villain Protagonist: The Goblin Lord. Although his desire for revenge is understandable, he is still an evil goblin that loves to Rape, Pillage, and Burn. One of the first things he does after escaping captivity is rob an Orphanage of Love and kidnaps it's caretaker.
- Wake Up Call Boss: Naru, the game's second boss serves as this. Naru is much harder to beat than Ryuna as the bounty hunter is a master of Confusion Fu. Before fighting her, it would be best to go with the option to gather information of her first in order find out how her attack patterns works, otherwise the player is going to have to do a lot of Save Scumming to beat her. The other options would be to get a hobgoblin to one-shot her, however the player would have to go on a lengthy side-quest in order to recruit said hobgoblin.
- Warmup Boss: Ryuna serves as the game's first boss and her fight is meant to ease players into the game's "fighting system". Ryuna will always use same the order of spells to attack the Goblin Lord, which makes it easier to remember what is the correct order of choices needed to beat her. Although some Save Scumming maybe required.