|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"They can't evict you on Christmas - then you'd be Ho-Ho-Homeless!"
GO is a 1999 comedy/crime film directed by Doug Liman. It's generally viewed as one of the better Pulp Fiction knock-offs of The Nineties. The film follows Simultaneous Arcs of various groups of people during one crazy night, all vaguely connected by drugs.
- Anti Role Model: Choose a character.
- Badass Grandpa: Victor Sr.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Justified, as they're hallucinations.
- Brick Joke: Manny, arguably
- Romance on the Set: In-Story Adam & Zack
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Pretty much any piece of score by BT.
- Crowning Moment of Funny:
"I'm not delusional, Zack!""
- Decoy Protagonist: Sarah Polley seems to be the main character, but she apparently gets killed at the end of the first act. The film then follows various other groups of people. She gets better anyway.
- Fake High: The gang sells aspirin to clueless teens as ecstacy, and they all pretend to get high. It helps that Polley convinces them to smoke "like, a lot of pot" to go with it.
- Hey, It's That Guy!!:
- Oh Crap
- Mistaken for Gay: Adam and Zack bicker like an old married couple, causing a girl at the supermarket to think that they're gay. In a surprise reveal, it turns out that they are.
- Mistaken for Servant: Marcus, due to being black and wearing a gold blazer.
- Reckless Gun Usage: One character plays with a loaded handgun in a moving car while his increasingly-concerned friend attempts to get it back from him before it goes off. It doesn't.
- Revenge: With some Honor-Related Abuse thrown in.
- Simultaneous Arcs