|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Glennkill: Ein Schafskrimi is the original German title of Three Bags Full: a sheep detectvie story, written by Leonie Swann and translated by Anthea Bell. The story follows a herd of sheep as they try to find out who murdered their shepherd.
This book provides examples of:
- All Love Is Unrequited: Beth to George, Ham to Kate, Father Will to Alice, and possibly Kate to George
- Amateur Sleuth: All of the sheep, but expecially Miss Maple
- Angsty Surviving Twin: Sir Ritchfield
- Big Eater: Mopple the Whale
- Black Sheep: Othello, literally
- The Butcher: Literally.
- Crap Saccharine World: The sheep are utterly adorable as they go about solving a murder.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: at the Smartest Sheep of Glennkill Contest, [[spoiler:Tom O'Malley stands up and shouts "The sheep! They're trying to tell us about George's murder! The bartender's response? "Sit down. You're drunk again."
- Disney Dog Fight: How the lawyer determines that Rebecca is to bring the sheep to Europe.
- Dreaming the Truth: Miss Maple. Subverted.
- Driven to Suicide
- Five-Man Band:
- Hypocritical Humor: When the mysterious man shows up to murder Rebecca, she pleads with him, "Isn't there anything I can do to convince you I'm not a threat?" He replies "That would be nice, but I'm not quite that unprofessional." "I didn't mean that! They do it anyway.
- Intoxication Ensues: Mopple and the "grass."
- Meaningful Name: Rebecca Flock
- Motive Misidentification
- Never Found the Body: George went out to look for Melmoth. He came back without Melmoth and smelling like death.
- One-Scene Wonder: The lawyer
- Predators Are Mean: The sheep do not like dogs. Or the butcher.
- Punny Name: The book's German title is Glennkill. The shepherd, George Glenn, is killed.
- Suicide, Not Murder
- That Mysterious Thing: "Heather has a Thing!"
- A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: Gabriel