|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Artistic License Animal Care: Hazel's attempt to put Sprinkles on a diet of "hippie food", which doesn't go well.
- The Bechdel Test: Despite what the page says, this comic fails the gender reversal of the Bechdel Test. Male characters rarely interact except to talk about their girlfriends or relationships. The author generally does not have a genuine voice when it comes to masculine characters.
- Ho Yay: Jamie and...pretty much everyone female.
- Jerk Sue : The author probably aims at Jerk with a Heart of Gold, but Hazel has progressively more and more of Jerk traits, and little to no Heart at all. Her relationship is based - on her part - solely on sex, she constantly fails to offer any support, feeling or pretty much anything to her friends and boyfriend other than the sight of her being drunk. And still she has all these people who care for her, the perfect Wish Fulfillment boyfriend and happy coincidences to help her pull through. As the comic progresses, the number of times other characters say out loud how they are friends and care for her increases greatly, too.
- Moral Event Horizon: Candy, twice, first with her attempted rape of Chris, then again when she attempts to sabotage Jameson and Maureen's wedding. Strangely, the characters only really acknowledge the second horizon crossing.
- Actually, they do call her out on it, but then get over it after a while. It still hasn't been established if anyone got over the wedding yet, since Candy didn't appear again until recently.
- Well, Clarice has clearly gotten over it, and Maureen appears to be taking a pretty Zen approach to the whole matter. But given Jameson's punchline when Maureen told him so, keep the popcorn handy for whenever Corsetto decides to throw the old friends together.
- Too Dumb to Live: several different characters have had their moments, Angel's belief that lesbians cannot give each other STDs probably qualifies.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: Jim, Corsetto intended to portray him as a hypocritical Dogged Nice Guy, claiming so on one of her tweets; unfortunately the scenes that resulted from her "research" put him next to Chris who was just bragging about getting laid, painting him as a loser to whom is ok to brag that you are getting what he is not, and if that was not enough, when Jim snaps for this he is then portrayed by other guys as making the false dichotomy that since a Nice Guy can't get laid then all guys who do must be Jerkasses.
- The Woobie: Thea is heading toward this territory. Loses her job: check. Sister has cancer: check. Girl she's taken with uses her for sex and exposes her to an STD: check. Yup, we've got ourselves a woobie.
- She has a chalk board tally of girls she has turned straight.
- Things are turning around, though -- she had a Genki Girl almost literally fall into her lap and things have only been better from there.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.