The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Women's prisons are treated as an Excuse Plot for lesbian porn or are presented as cozy, clean and safe in constrast to men's prisons.
- Played Straight: Alice is sent to prison for jaywalking. She ends up entering into a hot, steamy relationship with her cellmate.
- Exaggerated: Alice's cell is a Luxury Prison Suite. Heck, Alice Might as Well Not Be in Prison At All. And all the inmates wear sexy lingerie under their prison uniforms, and have sexy pillow fights when the lights go out.
- Downplayed: Alice's cell isn't too bad (more like a college dorm room), and she gets along well with the other inmates, but isn't anyone's girlfriend.
- Justified: Alice is in a minimum-security prison, and there isn't much in the way of gang culture in this setting.
- Alice gets in a brutal conflict with the prison's Alpha Bitch when she gets there and has to train herself in order to avoid getting bullied or killed by her.
- Alice meets her cellmate, who is much stronger and tougher than she is and a bully to boot.
- Double Subverted:
- But then winds up in a loving (and sexy) relationship with her, which improves her station in prison life.
- The cellmate ends up on friendly terms with Alice, and does not rape her.
- Deconstructed: Not how this generally works in Real Life; women's prisons are just as dangerous as men's prisons, sometimes moreso. (And, no, they don't wear sexy lingerie under their uniforms; they have prison-issue underwear that's rather plain.)
- Reconstructed: The setting is portrayed realistically, with Alice struggling everyday to survive and not become anyone's "special friend."
- Parodied: Alice and the other inmates are given nothing but lacy lingerie to wear.
- Alternatively, the girls turn the prison into a DIY skills boot camp. The guards are confused by this and don't know how to react, so the women mostly get away with it - provided they don't try to escape. Nobody pillow fights, and nobody's interested in making "special friends." They have a "big sister" instead of a true alpha, helping to maintain order so the guards feel less compelled to yell. The biggest danger is mental instability from the environmental stress bringing out Character Derailment.
- Lampshaded: "Don't worry about it, Alice; girl jail is just lingerie-clad pillow fights. You know, like on TV!"
- The prison is portrayed as dangerous, maybe even to the point of being a Hellhole Prison.
- Alice doesn't go to prison.
- Enforced: Girl-On-Girl Is Hot, Did Not Do the Research, Viewers are Morons.
- Invoked: Alice is sent to prison.
- Defied: See "Inverted" and "Reconstructed"
- Discussed: "Alice will be fine; women's prisons aren't that bad. Not like men's prisons."
- Conversed: "Clearly, TV writers have no clue about how dangerous women's prisons really are."
- Played For Laughs: See "Parodied"
- Played For Drama: See "Reconstructed"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.