The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character protests against something, which they are immediately shown doing.
- Straight: Alice says there's no way she's joining a football team. Cut to her playing a football match.
- Exaggerated: Alice says there's no way she's joining a football team. Cut to her playing a football match at the World Cup.
- Alice has always had trouble saying no.
- Alice is Unstuck in Time, and has got used to this kind of thing happening in-universe.
- Inverted: Alice is playing football. Cut to her insisting she's never going to play football again.
- Subverted: Alice says there's no way she's joining a football team. Cut to her standing in exactly the same place, looking smug: "I told you I'd never join the football team."
- Double Subverted: [[[Beat]]] And then cut to her playing a football match.
- Parodied: Alice says there's no way she's joining a sports team. Cut to her wearing a hula dress. "What the..."
- Deconstructed: Alice is repeatedly talked into doing things she doesn't want to. Eventually she stops hanging out with her so-called "friends".
- Reconstructed: Alice gripes about how she always gets talked into stuff, but sticks around because she secretly enjoys the wacky hijinks her friends cause.
- Zig Zagged: Alice says there's no way she's joining a football team. Cut to her standing on the football field, which was just an Imagine Spot - she's really on the American football field, where she's immediately buried under the other players. But fortunately, that was All Just a Dream. And her football match starts in an hour, so she'd better hurry.
- Alice is simply shown at a football match without any form of protest preceding it.
- Alternatively: Alice says she will never join the football team, and she never does.
- After the cut, Alice looks around and wonders how she suddenly got on a football field.
- Alternatively: The narrator says, "But of course, you know what refusing ends up leading to."
- Invoked: Alice, who has a lot of Medium Awareness, is Briar Patching so that she may join the football team effortlessly.
- Exploited: Alice is visibly surprised by suddenly being on a football field, and tentatively says "And I will absolutely never own my own yacht!"
- Alice, before protesting against being on the football team, checks the script to make sure this won't happen.
- "...and don't think you can get around it by just flash-forwarding to me already on the team!"
- Discussed: After Alice protests against being on the football team, Bob warns her about Tempting Fate like that.
- Conversed: Alice mentions that her favourite character is always subject to these cuts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.