The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character gets someone out of a Heroic BSOD by slapping them.
- Straight: Danny has a breakdown, so Julia slaps him in the face to bring him to his senses.
- Exaggerated: Julia gives Danny a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown to snap him out of his Heroic BSOD.
- Justified: Danny is being incredibly wangsty, and this is the only way to get through to him.
- Julia hugs Danny and tells him it'll be okay.
- Alternatively, Julia slaps Danny while he's calm. It makes him angry.
- Alternatively, Danny calms himself down by slapping Julia.
- Julia marches angrily up to Danny, as if she's about to hit him. Then her face softens, and she gently consoles him instead.
- Alternately, Julia slaps Danny, but that only pushes him even further into his breakdown.
- Double Subverted:
- She tells him she's going to get something that will help, and leaves. A few moments later she returns with a glass of cold water, splashes it all over him, and yells at him to get a grip.
- So Julia slaps Danny again and it brought him to his senses.
- Parodied: Danny hits back. He and Julia get into a fistfight. It still works.
- Reconstructed: The suicide attempt fails, and Julia, determined to make amends, stops being harsh with him and instead helps him to overcome his problems. This results in Character Development for both.
- Zig Zagged: Julia's mostly nice to Danny, helping him through his problems, but when things get really bad she resorts to this.
- Averted: Danny snaps out of his BSOD by himself.
- Enforced: "Julia's not the type to put up with Wangst, so it'd be in character for her to react like this."
- Lampshaded: "Thanks, I needed that."/"Not even my mother slaps me!"
- Invoked: Hit Me Dammit
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Quit Your Whining
- Discussed: "I know he was being whiny, but you didn't have to hit him like that!"
- Conversed: ???
Back to Get a Hold of Yourself, Man! AND SNAP OUT OF IT!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.