|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
From The Film of the Series:
- This opening bit from the Narrator after the opening animated sequence.
- Hiking through the jungle..
Narrator: And so, onward and upward the tired trekkers trudged on feverish footsies over perilous paths. When they finally beheld the mighty Ape Mountain, they reacted with awe!
Narrator: I said "Awe". A-W-E.
Narrator: That's better.
- The scene on the tugboat:
Everybody: Watch out for that--
Everybody, wincing: Oooooh...
- And Ursula's parents reacting to Ursula not wanting to marry Lyle anymore.
Ursula's parents, smiling, in unison: We understand, dear.
Narrator: Juuuust kidding!
Ursula's mother: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
- And further proving the hilariousness of the narrator, the scene where Those Two Bad Guys fight with him.
Thor: Why don't you say something constructive for a change, like what we should do now?
Narrator: Because I don't like you!
Thor: Well, I hate you, you snotty son of a-
Narrator: I pretend I didn't hear that.
- The scene where Lyle epically fails at speaking Swahili:
Lyle: Pardon me, girls. I know you're feeling pretty hey sailor up here about now. But if you would just let me order a bowl of fried clams we can all have smallpox tomorrow morning.
- Also, Lyle tries to impress the natives with his "magic pictures" (an ordinary camera). One of them says something in Swahili that makes everyone (especially the translator) crack up. Lyle is confused and requests a translation:
"He says he likes your 'magic pictures' but he prefers the resolution of the Leica 35mm transparencies." * laughs again* "He also says that your lens is dirty, but he has the equipment to clean it for you."
- "Bad guy falls in poop: classic element of physical comedy. Now comes the part where we throw our heads back and laugh."
- Ready! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- These bits...
Lyle: (about the guides) They're probably saying I'm the biggest jerk they've ever seen in their lives. Probably trying to think of something evil to do to me.
(in Swahili, subtitles)
First guide: That guy's the biggest jerk I've seen in my life.
Second guide: Let's think of something evil to do to him.
(Later in the movie)
Lyle: The important thing, Kwame, is that I was outnumbered.
Guide: (in Swahili) It's easy to be outnumbered when you're a zero.
- George sees a coffee commercial:
George: Now I understand! George get coffee, then Ursula want George!
(George finds a can of coffee in Ursula's pantry and proceeds to eat the grounds, sending him straight into Caffeine Bullet Time)
The film's sequel has a few as well:
- "Me new George! Studio too cheap to pay Brendan Fraser!"
- When Lyle finally has had enough of the Narrator's comments, he snaps "Your constant interrupts are annoying! There! Now what are you going to do about it?" Cue a giant cartoon hand dropping out of the sky, picking up Lyle, and carrying him off. The Narrator then asks the remaining characters onscreen if they have any problems with his comments, and they all quickly say no.
- When Ursala has been hypnotized into thinking Lyle is her husband, she remains unimpressed with him. This leads to her asking a friend "Why did you let me marry such an idiot?"
The 2008 cartoon:
- In "Mt. Georgemore", George is trying to find whoever vandalized his mountain. He first accused Ursula.
George: Ape, take her away!
Ape: To where?
- Then he accused Ape.
George: Ape, take Ape away!
[Ape, Ursual, and Magnolia stare at him]
- After finding out the Stonepeckers were the bad ones.
George: Ape, take them away!
Ape: TO WHERE??