The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This series provides examples of:
- Asteroids Monster: Purple squares.
- Attack Drone
- Cap (the highest composite score obtainable on Galaxies is [(2^30)-1]x25)
- The DS version also has some unfortunate (or maybe fortunate) limits to onscreen objects.
- Collision Damage
- Embedded Precursor: Galaxies contains a full copy of Retro Evolved.
- Endless Game
- Every Five Thousand Geoms
- Everything Trying to Kill You
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Game Level
- Level Grinding (In Galaxies, you have to level up your drones by playing stages.)
- Mercy Invincibility
- Money for Nothing (you'll unlock everything in Galaxies long before you receive all the bonus geoms for hitting score plateaus)
- Mook Maker
- No Plot, No Problem: You are a claw-shaped object inserted into the game grid. Other simple geometric shapes are generated, and they try to destroy you. What would need more for?
- One Game for the Price of Two (the DS and Wii versions of Galaxies unlock content on each other - the same content on both - but are otherwise identical)
- One-Hit-Point Wonder
- Even more so in Galaxies's "Sur-" (Survival) stages, where you get one life, no bombs, and no way to get more of either.
- One Up
- Pacifist Run: Exactly What It Says on the Tin for the "Pacifism" mode in Geometry Wars 2.
- Pinball Scoring: The "Min-" levels in Galaxies. Using the mines in conjunction with a maxed-out (x150) score multiplier, a Mook Maker, and the harmless bonus-point golden UFOs will allow you to rack up hundreds of millions in points within seconds. Heck, on the earlier "Min-" stages, you can go from below Bronze to exceeding the requirement for a Gold medal in the span of less than three seconds.
- Repurposed Pop Song (Galaxies uses "Particle Man" here.)
- Respawning Enemies
- Scoring Points (The point of Retro Evolved and Retro Evolved 2, and what you need to do to advance in Galaxies.)
- Segmented Serpent: The worm enemies, which can only be attacked in the head.
- Shoot Em Ups
- Shout-Out: The "Wax On" and "Wax Off" Achievements.
- Smart Bomb
- Tele Frag
- The Tetris Effect: Given the simple designs of the enemies, it's not too far-fetched to suddenly imagine shapes around you to start moving in Geometry Wars patterns.
- Theme Naming (levels in Galaxies follow a strict format - three letters for the type, then something denoting a cardinality; e.g. MinDuo is Mine level 2.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.