One of the greatest comedic actors ever, quite possibly the greatest. Probably best known for being the first actor to portray Willy Wonka, his collaborations with Mel Brooks, and for his four co-starring appearances with Richard Pryor.
Wilder met and fell in love with Saturday Night Live original cast member Gilda Radner on the set of the movie Hanky Panky(1982). They wed in 1984 and appeared together again in the films The Woman In Red and Haunted Honeymoon. Radner died after a long battle with ovarian cancer in 1989. Afterwards Wilder established the Gilda Radner Ovarian Detection Center at Cedars-Sinai Hospital.
- Bonnie and Clyde
- The Producers
- Start the Revolution Without Me
- Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex
- Blazing Saddles
- The Little Prince
- Young Frankenstein
- The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother
- Silver Streak
- The World's Greatest Lover
- The Frisco Kid
- Stir Crazy
- See No Evil Hear No Evil
- Alice in Wonderland (the 1999 TV Movie adaptation)
This actor provides examples of:
- Large Ham
- Leslie Nielsen Syndrome: Before starring in The Producers, he considered himself a dramatic actor.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He has a love of romance novels and even wrote two himself, My French Whore and The Woman Who Wouldn't as well as a collection of short romantic stories called What is this Thing Called Love?
- One of Us: He's extremely tech savvy for a person of his age and one of his favorite pastimes is using the internet.