The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Provides examples of:
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Shannon, less so, but Gene, hoo boy.
- Except when Shannon dragged her 21 year old son, Nick, to a strip club his birthday.
- Big Fancy House
- Bumbling Dad
- Cool Shades: Gene wear these in public.
- Couch Gag: One of the most literal examples outside the Trope Namer.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Gene, Shannon, and Nick went to Israel, where Gene was born. They visited the prayer wall. Gene slipped a prayer about hoping his family stays together forever into the wall. After a short Beat, Nick lays his head on Gene's shoulder while going "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" as Gene sits there with a total poker face. Simultaneously hilarious and adorable.
- Daddy Didn't Show: Gene's busy schedule keeps him from attending some important events in his kids' lives.
- Daddy's Girl: Gene's relationship with Sophie.
- Deadpan Snarker: Nick, so very, very much.
- Drives Like Crazy: Gene. On one occasion he took a cell phone call on a Driving Test. Shannon, if anything is worse.
- Dumb Blonde : Tracy. It tends to rub off on Shannon when they're together.
" Tasers and wine don't mix."
- I Don't Know Mortal Kombat: One episode guesting Gene's bandmates Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer has the three of them try their hand in Rock Band (specifically, and obviously enough, "Detroit Rock City"). Let's just say it didn't go over as well as it usually does when they're on stage.
- Insistent Terminology: Gene and Shannon are not married. Shannon is not Gene's wife. Gene is not the least bit shy of correcting people who make this mistake in front of Shannon.
- They are married now, so the Trope will not apply to new episodes
- Horrible Camping Trip: 'Alpha Male'. It involves a snake, a bear, and a park ranger with a fire extinguisher.
- Momma's Boy: Gene is a self proclaimed Momma's boy who calls his mother at least once a day.
- Overly Long Tongue: Gene Simmons. Nick too.
- Running Gag: People running over stuff in the driveway.
- Papa Wolf: Gene is very protective of 15-year-old Sophie.
- Skinny Dipping: A new hot girl friend of Nick's does this in his first week of college to lighten his mood, Nick can't join her because he has a girlfriend at the time. This is also a part of a friend's film class video in the episode where Gene was out filming a spanish commercial.
- Turn Out Like His Father: Gene is a workaholic rock star. Nick is a workaholic rock star. Nick's girlfriend isn't very happy about that.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: And to think that they were together for twenty-eight years before he made it official...
- Ugly Guys Hot Daughter: Sophie even models.
- Nick, despite looking like a young version of his father, counts as the Ugly Guy's Hot Son.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.