Garry Glen Chalk (frequently credited as Garry Chalk and Gary Chalk) is a British-born- Canadian actor and voice actor. Chalk was born in Southampton, Hampshire England and moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in 1957. He has been involved with professional theatre since 1978, and has performed at The Playhouse, The Arts Club and numerous theatres in British Columbia, Ontario and Alberta. The last live stage production he did was A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, where he played Milos Gloriosous. He also performed in Henry IV and As You Like It at The Playhouse, as well as Dracula and Passion at The Arts Club.
Most of his career has been in film and television, mostly those based in the Vancouver, BC area.
His Live Action roles:
- Cold Squad: A recurring role for four years, which he won Gemini Awards in two consecutive years,
- Stargate SG-1: A recurring Russian General.
- Eureka, as Col. Briggs
- Painkiller Jane, as Ruben Hennessey.
- A short cameo in Watchmen.
He is a veteran of over 1,500 animated productions, benefitted by a dignified voice and a strong range. He has mostly done work with The Ocean Group.
- Grounder in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Robotnik in "Sonic Underground
- Class of the Titans
- He-Man in the the 1990 He-Man and the Masters of the Universe reimagine and as Duncan in the 2002 remake.
- Optimus Primal in the Transformers franchise with Beast Wars and Beast Machines and as Optimus Prime in Transformers Armada, Transformers Energon, and Transformers Cybertron (aka the Unicron Trilogy). He also voiced the original Megatron for an episode of Beast Wars. Next to Peter Cullen he is the most respected in the role.
- King Hippo in Captain N: The Game Master
- Guts Man in Mega Man