|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Gallifrey's President. Well, most of the time.
- The Chains of Commanding
- The Determinator: She may not be as devoius or nasty as many of her rivals, yet still manages to get most of her reforms put through.
- Future Me Scares Me: Well, Pandora does. And her past version as well, just to make things more complicated.
- I Hate Past Me: Comes in a rather odd fashion, given her past incarnation is possessed by the will of Pandora, but it's there.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Leela's Red.
- What the Hell, Hero?: A couple of times, Madame Imperiatrix.
The Presidential bodyguard and close friend of President Romana.
- Action Girl: Doubly emphasized considering the company she's keeping.
- Battle Butler: To Romana.
- Book Dumb: Both this and her common sense are especially obvious compared to everyone around her.
- Fish Out of Water: A major source of distress. Finds her footing somewhat during the civil war.
- Fur Bikini: On being sent out on an assignment, Leela complains that she doesn't want to have to wear stupid clothes again. Romana assures her that she can stay dressed as she is. The next scene begins with her reading the mission briefing and trying to read aloud the words 'exotic dancer'.
- Noble Savage
- Blue Oni Red Oni: Red to Romana's Blue.
K9, Mark I and Mark II
- The Chessmaster: Oh, yes. A benevolent example, as most of his machinations here are directed to the benefit of the heroes. Not that he seems to be bothered whether they know, approve, or are aware of it at the time.
- Guile Hero
- Heroic Sacrifice: Of the non-fatal, simply having a malevolent entity stuck in your head that will destroy you if you think about it variety. Of course, all part of the Grand Plan.
- Ice Queen: His nickname in the Academy was "the Icicle".
- Large Ham: Oh dear God...
- The Bus Came Back: Of course it did. With grand style.
- Put on a Bus:"Whatever you or anyone else may think, I am leaving Gallifrey of my own choosing."
- Renaissance Man: Art historian, politician, semi-malevolent Machiavelli. And the list goes on.
- Butt Monkey: The only consistently good character. Disliked by basically everyone.
- Deadpan Snarker: Possibly the only way to cope, as he spends most of his time being ordered around by his superiors to do things he politically objects to or finds completely stupid.
- Good Is Not Nice: Consistently insults Leela (along with the other "sophisticated" locals. Overlaps with Character Development, as it's hard to imagine his S4 persona being as dismissive of temporal refugees as in his introduction.
The Inquisitor. Perhaps a little on the conservative end of the political spectrum.
- Ascended Extra: Appeared as The Inquistor in season 23 of Doctor Who.
- Smug Snake
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Despite her methods and personal ambition, her point - that Romana's reforms are unwelcome and will lead to disaster - is pretty much vindicated by the end of the series.
The embodiment of all ambition and evil, past, present and future, found in the Matrix.
- Ambition Is Evil: To the discomfort of Brax and Darkel.
- Retcon: To explain Romana's regeneration in the main series.
Transtemporal crook and interdimensional Arms Dealer.
- Con Men Hate Guns: Averted. As mentioned above, he really likes guns.
- Large Ham
- Lovable Rogue: Subverted. See below.
- Nice Is Not Good: A warm, appealing character. Coldly manipulates the suicide of a young girl for personal gain.
A terrorist group. Perhaps a little on the progressive end of the political spectrum.