|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Gallery of Freaks is a comedy-oriented webcomic with occasional story-arcs thrown in for good measure; it is written and created by J2383.
Originally intended to be a story-driven comic about life and death, J2383 opted to go the route of the Gag-a-day comic. The comic was described by a critic as: "This is one of the rarest of the rare comics I have come across due to it being all of the following: Entertaining, Amusing, Educational, thought provoking, Random and real-as-life. Not many comics are photo-based, and the fact the pictures are modified to resemble comic-esque images is quite remarkable. The humor is over the line without being politically incorrect and the jokes are based on real-life scenarios that most people can relate to. The "description of the loner" segment showed that the comic was more than just a means to entertain, but that logic is clearly present in the series. I could find nothing wrong with this series whatsoever and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys comics that are humorous and thought provoking."
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Alt Text: Nearly all of the comics.
- The Southpaw: Used in this strip
- Headphones Equal Isolation: This strip
- Write Who You Know: The Very Loner Christmas is entirely about the author and his interaction with an unseen person he knows in real life.
- Infinite Canvas: None of the comics follow a set size, but it's most notable in this strip
- Photo Comic
- GIS Syndrome: Only with fully credited Deviant ART Stock instead of GIS
- The Rant
- Law Of Conservation Of Normality: Averted in this strip when the author realizes out in his news post that he's going to change appearance, and there's nothing he can do to stop it.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: This comic