|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Gackt Camui is a Japanese musician.
Gackt has also been used to model several characters for video games, including Genesis Rhapsodos for Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus and Lau the protaganist of Bujingai Swordmaster. Recently he has been cast as a voice actor for Seishirō Kirishiki in the Shiki anime and as Nemuri Kyoshiro in a theater play, after performing his first concert tour in Europe "Attack of the YELLOW FRIED CHICKENZ".
He is also known to speak well in Chinese.
Acts that Gackt has performed with:
- Cains:Feel: his first band
- Malice Mizer]]: The band he became famous with
- S.K.I.N.: a superband that he performed with Yoshiki Hayashi, Miyavi, and Sugizo
- Yellow Fried Chickenz: A band he started for his international performances]
- Mizerable (1999)
- Mars (2000)
- Rebirth (2001)
- Moon (2002)
- Crescent (2003)
- Love Letter (2005)
- Diabolos (2005)
- "RE:BORN" (2009)
- The Sixth day single collection (2004)
- Seventh night unplugged (2004)
- Jūnigatsu no Love Song: Complete Box (2006)
- 0079?0088 (2007)
- nine* nine (2008)
- MARS Sora Kara no Homonsha ~Kaisou~ (2000)
- Requiem et Reminiscence ~Shuuen to Seijyaku~ (2001)
- Kagen no Tsuki ~Seiya no Shirabe~ (2002)
- Jogen no Tsuki ~Saishusho~ (2003)
- The Sixth Day & Seventh Night (2004)
- Diabolos ~Aien no Shi to Seiya no Namida~ (2005)
- Gackt Training Days D.R.U.G. Party (2006-2007)
- Requiem et Reminiscence II ~Saisei to Kaikou~ (2008-2009)
- Yellow Fried Chickenz (2010-2011)]
His filmography includes:
Gackt provides examples of:
- Backstory: His autobiographic works "Jihaku" ("Confession") and "GACKTIONARY"
- Defictionalization: Gakupo was based of voice samples from Gackt. Then Nico Nico held a Vocaloid contest hosted by Gackt were they asked him to sing the winning songs Episode.0 and Paranoid doll. The result was that Gackt not only created and released a remix of the song Episode.0. But he also created a pv that was identical to the original Episode.0 pv but with the pictures of Gakupo replaced with pictures of Gackt dressed as Gakupo. Here is the original pv of Episode 0. And here's the Gackt version featuring Gackt dressed as a character based of himself Episode 0 Gackt version
- Development Hell: S.K.I.N played one concert and then... nothing.
- Fan Nickname:
- His fans and staff sometimes refer to him as "Maou-sama". Which is Japanese for "Devil King".
- He is also known as "Gacchan," "Gakkun" and other such variations, particularly by his Japanese fans.
- He has recently been given nicknames like Troll King and Troll Aniki for his habit of trolling his fans
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: With Yoshiki of X-Japan.
- I Call Him "Mister Happy": "Magnum!" *facepalm*
- Meaningful Name: Gackt's name tends to sound weird to, well... people in general. But his name has an actual meaning. Gackt Camui is a modification of Kamui Gakuto which can either mean "Divine power of music" or "Divine being made of music".
- Mr. Fanservice: Gackt's appearance in Fuurin Kazan was expected to increase young adult female viewers. What they didn't anticipate was that he also drew in 40+ female fans as well.
- One of Us: Gackt's fanboying is legendary. He has memorized all of the dialogue of the first Gundam series. His hairstyle for the Vanilla music video is based off of Super Saiyan Goku. The song Asrun Dream is about the characters Ash and Eiji from Banana Fish. He even once spent three days straight playing video games.
- The Band Minus the Face: Malice Mizer. Averted when Tetsu left and Gackt joined they reached the height of their popularity. Played straight when Gackt left and later Kami died, as even after replacing Gackt with Klaha the band eventually broke up.
- Training From Hell: Back stage footage of Gackt and his band preparing for concert is nothing but this. Gackt and his back up dancers "training" includes lifting each other as weights and taking turns punching and kicking each other in the stomach over extended periods of time.
- Samurai: After his appearance in Fuurin Kazan Gackt started getting cast in roles as Samurai. Since then he has been cast as a samurai in the film noir movie Bunraku and as Nemuri Kyoshiro in a theater play.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud
- Vocaloid: Gackt provided the voice for Gakupo.