|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
G.I. Joe is an arcade Shoot'Em Up released by Konami in 1992. Based on the Hasbro toyline turned cartoon series, the Joes must stop Cobra Commander and his forces from terrorizing the world after terrorizing various cities with their latest weapon.
Depending on the cabinet, up to two or four players can select Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett or Roadblock to attack and defeat Cobra forces with a gun with unlimited ammo and two screen clearing flash bombs. Power-ups can be found hidden within the various barrels littered across the stages. The game has three missions containing seven stages and six bosses including a final confrontation with Cobra Commander himself.
- Actually a Doombot: The first battle with Cobra Commander
- Adaptation Distillation: The Joes and most of the bosses come from the original cartoon produced by Sunbow. Metal-Head, the Cobra Mooks, the Chemical Plant theme and Joes' costumes all come from the DiC cartoon.
- Airborne Mook
- Background Boss: All of them.
- Bottomless Magazines
- Crate Expectations
- Five-Bad Band
- Five-Man Band
- Flunky Boss: Metal-Head, the Baroness and Major Bludd.
- Ryu and Ken: All four playable characters look differently but play exactly the same.
- Stuff Blowing Up: No shortage of that in this game.