|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Depending on the cabinet, up to two or four players can select Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett or Roadblock to attack and defeat Cobra forces with a gun with unlimited ammo and two screen clearing flash bombs. Power-ups can be found hidden within the various barrels littered across the stages. The game has three missions containing seven stages and six bosses including a final confrontation with Cobra Commander himself.
- Actually a Doombot: The first battle with Cobra Commander
- Adaptation Distillation: The Joes and most of the bosses come from the original cartoon produced by Sunbow. Metal-Head, the Cobra Mooks, the Chemical Plant theme and Joes' costumes all come from the DiC cartoon.
- Airborne Mook
- Background Boss: All of them.
- Bottomless Magazines
- Crate Expectations
- Five-Bad Band
- Five-Man Band
- Flunky Boss: Metal-Head, the Baroness and Major Bludd.
- Ryu and Ken: All four playable characters look differently but play exactly the same.
- Stuff Blowing Up: No shortage of that in this game.