The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Fushigi Yuugi OVA 2 when Hotohori possesses his baby son to fight off a monster. Epic.
- After being rescued an absurd number of times from every danger imaginable, Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi actually saves her seven protectors from Soi by catching a massive lightning blast in a holy sword and hurling the energy back at the enemy.
- Tasuki earned a lot of fan love during the Kodoku arc, in which Tamahome is brainwashed into attacking Miaka. Tasuki arrives just in time to defend her, but as the fight begins, Miaka begs him not to endanger Tamahome's life. Tasuki therefore puts his weapon away, willingly disadvantaging himself, and receives a savage, merciless beating from Tamahome as a result. Even as he grows progressively more broken and bloodied, and even when the absurdly powerful Nakago shows up, Tasuki continues to hurl himself into battle against both men, willing to commit a You Shall Not Pass sacrifice in order for Chichiri and Miaka to escape. Since he'd previously been depicted somewhere between Boisterous Bruiser and Loveable Rogue, this act of pure self-sacrifice was somewhat unexpected (and therefore particularly awesome).
- Later in the series, Tasuki has a lesser, but still Awesome moment after Yui has summoned Seiryuu, the Suzaku warriors' powers have been sealed away, and Kutou has invaded Konan. Nakago is in full Evil Gloating mode, the main characters Miaka and Tamahome are in chaos, and out of nowhere Tasuki pulls a Talk to the Fist moment by deciding to simply pick up a sword and hurl it at Nakago's face. In a bit of morbid hilarity, when Soi takes it instead, Tasuki's primary reaction is "rats, I missed."
- Yui's Heel Face Turn speech.
- And also her Redemption Earns Life moment in the same episode.
- Miaka telling Yui that she is going to yell at her about many things by the time her battle with Nakago is over.
- I find this to be Miaka's greatest revenge on Yui.
- How about the way Tamahome killed Nakago? You know, by punting a hole through his chest WITH HIS LASER FISTS?! I wasn't even a big fan of Tamahome, but even I had to admit awesomeness when I saw it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.