The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Ass Pull: One kidnapper uses the until-then-perfectly-normal TV remote to rewind the death of the other kidnapper.
- Audience-Alienating Premise: The entire film is essentially an insult to people who like to watch these kind of films.
- Bile Fascination
- Eight Deadly Words: The family is composed of three cardboard cutouts painted to look like a nuclear family and a dog. Guess who's the most sympathetic and developed? Guess who gets killed off early on? The killers provide the only entertainment in this thing.
- Depending on your definition of entertaining, as the family is in no condition to make jokes. Also, the killer’s characters are never explored or given much depth except in the remote scene, while the kid gets a chance to try and be a hero, the father experiences the complete loss of his rank in the family and delivers a Tear Jerker line before his wife tries to escape, and the mother is a surprisingly strong yet still helpless hero.
- Nightmare Fuel
- Paranoia Fuel
- Snark Bait
- Tear Jerker: Georgie is shot dead and the killers care only because that made a dent in the rules of their sick game. They leave politely, and then a long scene of Leave the Camera Running starts. The complete silence gives the parents, and, more importantly, the audience, a chance to digest what happened. The father breaks down in tears, the wife tries to console him... This becomes truly heartbreaking as just before she escapes he asks her not to hate him, and she comes back to give him a tearful kiss and tell him she loves him. It gets worse: the killers, who were lurking outside, catch her and bring her back to the house.
- Villain Sue: Villain God Mode Reality Warper Sues.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.