|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Colonel Stok, a Soviet intelligence officer responsible for security at the Berlin Wall, appears to want to defect but the evidence is contradictory. Stok wants the British to handle his defection and asks for one of their agents, Harry Palmer, to smuggle him out of East Germany.
Funeral in Berlin contains examples of:
- Berlin Wall
- Cold War
- The Chessmaster : Harry Palmer
- Estrogen Brigade Bait : Michael Caine surely qualified in his younger years.
- Gambit Pileup: The MI 5, a Russian General, Mossad, a Nazi war criminal are all trying to be a step ahead of each other. Harry Palmer, the supposed Unwitting Pawn is ahead of all of them, while working on behalf of the MI 5.
- No Name Given : Harry Palmer is not his real name.
- Obfuscating Stupidity : Harry Palmer.
- Spy Fiction: Stale Beer kind.
- Unwitting Pawn: Harry Palmer. Or is he?