|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
When life give you lemons, chop them up in midair with a huge sword. If life gives you strawberries, watermelons or coconuts, same thing. After all, you are a ninja.
Fruit Ninja is a game developed by Halfbrick in which you slice fruit with a virtual sword in a limited amount of time, trying to avoid slicing bombs as you go. Extra points and combos are awarded for slicing multiple fruits with one swipe. Players must slice all of the fruit, because if they miss three fruit, game over. Players can get extra lives by reaching multiples of 100. Slicing bombs results in a negative score or instant game over, depending on game mode.
This game has the following Tropes:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: You can even cut coconuts right in half with one slice.
- Follow the Leader: Veggie Samurai.
- Fruit of the Loon: Weirdly inverted. You just need to destroy fruit. The only reason given is, "All Ninjas hate fruit!"
- Fundamentally Funny Fruit: They're even funnier when being sliced neatly in two!
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The "ninja" in the E3 trailer is Andy Minh Trieu, three time Australian martial arts champion.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: It's not just some average person or even a teppanyaki chef cutting the fruit. It's a ninja.
- Katanas Are Just Better: In the iOS games, your fingers are virtual katanas.
- Martial Arts and Crafts: The game is about using your cool katana to chop up fruit.
- Rule of Three: Slice 3 or more fruit in one swipe; combo. Miss 3 fruits, Game Over.
- Smashing Watermelons: The Game.