|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
It was first released on November 19th, 2013.
Not to be confused with the 2010 drama/thriller film of the same name.
A sequel, appropriately titled Frozen II, was released on November 22nd 2019.
This film contains the following tropes:
- Adaptation Species Change: In The Snow Queen, the snow queen was a fairy, or at least, very heavily implied to be one. Here, Elsa is human.
- An Ice Person: Elsa.
- Composite Character:
- Anna is largely Greda but also brings in a few shades of the princess who wants a man that will talk back to her.
- Elsa may be an expy of the Snow Queen but takes on Kay's heart being thawed by sisterly love.
- Exact Words: "Only an act of true love can thaw a frozen heart." It didn't say what kind of love it had to be nor who had to do it, or who's heart. It's assumed that True Love's Kiss will thaw Anna's literally frozen heart but it's in fact Anna's act of sisterly love that thaws Elsa's metaphorically frozen heart which thaws Anna's literally frozen body.
- Evil Redhead: Prince Hans.
- Failed a Spot Check: How Elsa failed to notice the endless winter she created, given that Arendelle is visible from her palace, is something of a mystery.
- Fairy Tale
- The Power of Family: Elsa's love for her sister Anna not only revives Anna after Elsa accidentally freezes Anna, but it gives Elsa better control over her ice powers.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Hans. He's perfectly competent in ruling Arendelle and does appear to legitimately care for its citizenry, cultivating an image of Villain with Good Publicity.
- Red Herring: The Duke of Weselton is hinted to be the Big Bad at first.
- Related in the Adaptation: Greda and the Snow Queen are now the sisters Anna and Elsa.
- Winter Royal Lady: Elsa, of course.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.