The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A sniper who is friendly and approachable.
- Straight: Bob the sniper shows Alice around and introduces her to the rest of the unit
- Exaggerated: Bob takes Alice out for a drink, picks up the tab and cheerfully assures her he's got everyone's back. In the rest of the series he acts as a Big Brother Mentor.
- Downplayed: Bob is quite amiable, particularly compared to other snipers that appear later in the series.
- Justified: Bob was a nice guy before he started sniping, and just doesn't change when he realizes he is a crack shot.
- Inverted: Bob is a Cold Sniper.
- Subverted: While Bob is quite approachable, he's terrifyingly cold on the battlefield. Threatening to shoot Alice if she gets in the way of his kills.
- Double Subverted: He does so with paintballs. It was all part of a hazing ritual.
- Parodied: Bob has Improbable Aiming Skills such that he can snipe one handed while drinking a beer.
- Deconstructed: Bob's cheerfulness is down to the fact he's a complete psychopath who doesn't care one bit about taking a life (or perhaps its because he's so detached from his targets).
- Reconstructed: But only because they're the enemy. After the war is over, he personally apologises and makes amends to the people he's sniped (if they survived) and their families, going as far as to allow grieving relatives to kill him if they wish. He's such a Nice Guy, none of them take him up on the offer.
- Zig-Zagged: Bob is a friendly sniper, but he becomes cold-blooded each time he is about to pull the trigger.
- Bob is actually kind of awkward and nervous in most social situations.
- Bob isn't a sniper.
- Bob is The Ghost, and his disposition is never elaborated on.
- Enforced: The writer is a veteran that knew plenty of friendly snipers and wants to subvert the Cold Sniper stereotype.
- Lampshaded: "You would think a sniper would be a little calmer..."
- Invoked: Bob was creeped out by the Cold Sniper who taught him how to shoot, and swears to never become as scary as that.
- Defied: Any sniper who cannot act as a Cold Sniper is rejected. They need snipers to remain calm and collected.
- Discussed: Recruit 1: "do you think there's a sniper attached to our platoon?" Recruit 2: "If there is, I hope he's one of the friendly ones."
- Conversed: "Why does Hollywood think these snipers are always either cold or warm individuals?"
- Played For Laughs: Bob is a Keet that functions as the little brother of the team. "Hey! Alice! Did you see that headshot I pulled off today? Huh? Didya didya didya? That was, like, my best kill EVER!"
- Played For Drama: Bob's trying really hard not to show how much his job is getting to him, putting on a happy face even as he struggles to convince himself that he's not a cold-blooded murderer.
OK, that's the last of 'em. Let's grab a beer at Friendly Sniper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.