|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Freedom Planet is a 2014 indie platformer by GalaxyTrail games. The game is about a dragon girl named Sash Lilac and her friends Carol and Milla as they must stop the evil Lord Brevon from conquering Avalice. The game is heavily inspired by classic Sega Genesis platformers such as Gunstar Heroes, Sparkster, Earthworm Jim, and of course Sonic the Hedgehog.
A sequel has been confirmed for a 2017 release.
- Airborne Aircraft Carrier: Sky Battalion.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: Each character has a fairly different playstyle.
- Another Side, Another Story: The heroines have slightly different stories with different level paths each. In particular, Lilac and Milla get exclusive levels, while Lilac does not get into Trap Hideout. The DLC characters will have even more different stories.
- Big Bad: Lord Brevon. For Spade, it will be Prince Dail. Merga in the sequel.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Prince Dail Brevon turns Milla into a brainwashed monster to attack Lilac and Carol. It's also revealed he brainwashed even Serpentine.
- Cyber Cyclops: Syntax.
- Death Cry Echo
- Disney Death Milla at the end. It seems Lilac and Carol have killed her as a monster after her being brainwashed by Brevon, but she turns out alive.
- Heel Face Turn Spade.
- Hero With Bad Publicity: As former Red Scarves, its understandable Lilac and Carol are hated by the government. Apparently, Neera REALLY dislikes them.
- Lightning Bruiser: Sash Lilac is both the strongest and fastest, but her moves are the most straightforward of the bunch, as they all deal damage to foes.
- Lost Technology: Dragon technology lay deep within the Pangu Lagoon.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Parodied. Characters explode into feathers when crushed.
- Meaningful Name: Neera's surname can be translated as either "beauty" or "plum"
- Our Dragons Are Different: Lilac is bipedal and appears to be mammalian.
- Promoted to Playable: Neera Li in the sequel.
- The Reveal: Torque the Shellduck is really an alien who wants to stop Lord Brevon.
- The Rival: Spade and Serpentine, two Recurring Boss characters.
- Squishy Wizard: Milla. Torque as well.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Carol is the Tomboy to Lilac's Girly Girl, and Milla is even girlier.