|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Ever wondered what a foursome of film students with the trend to fall into bizarre situations would do if they accidentaly tossed their TV out of the window? No? Then watch this series to know that thing you didn't thought about.
Un Año Sin Televisión ("A Year Without Television", also called "UASTV", also called "Four Blokes Without Telly") is an Argentinian Web Original Youtube series, in which their four main characters have to survive the extreme situation of living without the comfort of TV.
The first episode saw the light in 5/13/2011, and the first season is scheduled to end in Chrismas 2011, with a "Chrismas Special Episode", having so far posted seven episodes and being the eighth the last. The series have a fair known fanbase, and they became small Internet celebrities in their hometown, being theirs the first web series from La Plata (and really the first Argentinian taken seriously, both from the fans and the production side of the series). The series is produced by Tangram Productions.
Note from the troper: This trope originaly was going to have the same title as the series, but given that Internes does not accept the "Ñ" character in hyperlinks, the title would have been "Un Ano Sin Televisión", which is the spanish translation for "An Anus Without Television".
- Gag Series
- Sitcom: Completely based on.
- Shout-Out: Extra fun is looking for them. That's why the list is under spoiler tag, so you don't get tempted on the way down to the next tropes. Some of them are:
- Thirteen Is Unlucky: First season's first episode's first joke.
- Viral Marketing: Short videos about the characters were posted online before season one began.
- Cutaway Gag: Diaper scene must be the very best example.
- Lampshade Hanging: Episode 1, when Matias talks about learning about stuff the previous season, just before remembering it doesn't exist. Also when he calls Cristian liar in Episode 3, saying that what he just told him was part of ET the Extraterrestrial's plot.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: When Matias talks to the audience in Episode 1, and when Pedro walks in for the first time. Also in Episode 7 Matias is singing in the split screen, with Cristian on the other side and he pushes his side away.
- Training Montage: As an obvious Rocky Shout-Out when Cristian tries to lose some weight.
- Sentient Vehicle: Episode 3's full of it.
- Death by Childbirth: Hernán's mother.
- It Got Worse: Episode 1.
- Musical Episode: Episode 7.
- The Scream: Matias, when he wakes up as a sailor.
- Translated Cover Version: Why see a litel siluetu of a man, scaramush, sacamush, will yu du the fandangu.
- Negative Continuity: UASTV has said that in Episode 7 a character was going to die, but probably they were going to put it in the next episode like nothing happened. That character happened to be Matias.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Looks like, but not sure about Pedro and Cristian.
- Sexy Secretary: Episode 2.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Hernán, the failed type. Or not, considerating he did perfumed his butt with his invention after going to the toilet
- Also, he cloned Matias after being shot and killed in the previous Episode.
- Lovable Nerd: Matias.
- Badass: In some situations, any of the awesome four.
- I Can't Believe It's Not Heroin!: Franco's colorful lollipops.
- Four Is Death: Subverted. These guys have survived lot of episodes being four and nobody getting killed. Untill Episode 7.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: But not solid. Characters may tend to change their behavior depending on the situation or Episode.
- Nobody Poops: Subverted.
- Leitmotif: Pedro's background chearings.
- The Boxing Episode: Episode 2.