The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Four or five characters have an ensemble based around the classical elements.
- Straight: In the RPG Heroes Of Troperia, the Five-Man Band consists of The Hero Bob who uses Lightning, The Lancer Charlie who uses Fire, The Smart Guy Dave who uses Wind, The Big Guy Emily who uses Earth, and The Chick Alice who uses Water.
- The Sixth Rangers all use different elements too.
- There are other elements, Void, Ice, Dark, Light, and Poison.
- Downplayed: The Five-Man Band consists of Bob who carries batteries, Charlie who yields a lighter, Dave who is full of hot air, Emily who likes to play in the dirt, and Alice who is a very talented swimmer.
- Justified: The Hero Bob seeks out companions who can use the other four core elements.
- Inverted: EVERYONE in the group uses the exact same element.
- Subverted: Each party member can use multiple elements.
- Double Subverted: The other elements can only provide boosts.
- Parodied: Tim is rejected from the group and swears vengance because he also uses fire and they needed another earth guy.
- Zig Zagged: The group's ensemble, and thus the elements displayed varies, and sometimes includes some regular Flying Bricks and Badass Normals as well.
- Anyone can use any element.
- Nobody uses elements.
- Enforced: Merchantdicing insisted.
- Lampshaded: "God, these elemental heros are crawling out of the woodwork! What are the odds that a pyromancer and a water-witch would be on speaking terms anyway?
- Invoked: While not possesing superpowers, the group still decide to wear elemental motifs matching their personalites.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "...One of each? SCREW THAT! In my party it's gonna be ALL FIRE, ALL THE TIME!"
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Four-Element Ensemble
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.