The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Cargo Ship: McJunker loves mine carts a little too much.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Plenty of these, one that stands out is when you get your own Olympus Mon and proceed to curbstomp your way to the bad guy. The commentators really help.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The game's commentators, Slate Johnson and P.A. Leon are the source of many of these as they give professional, totally unbiased commentary... as they cheer you on.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The park night scenes.
- Damsel Scrappy / The Load: Rosie. So very badly. This is even lampshaded when she points out how many times you've had to pull her ass out of the fire.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Judging from the fandom alone, you would think the series is about a group of reptilian aliens and their struggles, and not dinosaur battling. It's probably fair to say some of the fans are just there for the dinaurians.
- Fridge Logic After you beat the game, the game makes you shell out $20,000 for an oasis seed, because there's an area called parchment desert where your radar won't work because of how hot it is. Soooooo... how come your radar worked just fine in Mt. Lavaflow?
- Game Breaker: Compso. It can lower the opposing AZ dino's attack and defense by 90% AND it gives you a nice FP bonus thanks to FP Plus just by being in your SZ. And you can get one pretty early on.
- Memetic Mutation: In addition to a guard who talks about miserable little piles of secrets, one kid gets in a "Do Not Want!" during the invasion of the town.
- Most Wonderful Sound: The little jingle that plays when you crack open an obstacle and find some money.
- Sidetracked by the Gold Saucer: Fossil cleaning is addicting. It's possible to be on chapter 2 and have a bunch of upgrades and powerful Viviosaurs.
- The upgrades that let you find new fossil rocks make it even more addictive.
- Tainted by the Preview: Some review outlets accused the game of being Nintendo ripping off itself based on concept alone, despite the fact that it doesn't actually play all that much like Pokemon.
- That One Boss: Saurhead--the issue is not that he's exceedingly strong, it's that you have to play extremely defensive, because losing even one viviosaur makes you lose.
- Toy Ship: The main character and Rosie; her crush on him is particularly painfully obvious. But near the very end of the game, you can choose to have him end up with Duna instead.
- The Woobie: Rosie realizes she's The Load, and is genuinely sorry when you have to help. She even asks if you hate her.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.