The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Bubba's death. Ye merciful God, Bubba's death. And his last words aren't anything vengeful or epic or victorious, or angry...he just wants to go home.
- The real tear-jerker? Forrest says he will never forget Bubba's last words.
- "I am not a smart man...but I know what love is."
- At the very end of the film, Forrest visits Jenny's grave, we get this heart-wrenching line from him:
Forrest: I miss you, Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away...
- Jenny's whole story, really. She spends her childhood being sexually abused by her father, and even after she's rescued by child services she never recovers. She starts using drugs, poses for Playboy, sings naked for horny men, lets her various boyfriends use and abuse her, and pushes away Forrest who just wants to love her and be with her no matter what. The implication is that she feels she's used goods and unworthy of such pure love and devotion. Then, when she finally lets herself love and be loved by Forrest, she's dying of what we can only assume is AIDS. She doesn't even get to enjoy a full year with him and their son before she passes away.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.