The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crack Pairing: Paula Deen and Robert Irvine flirting during the Iron Chef Holiday Battle.
- Deen is a serial flirt, so any male chef (with the exception of her sons) can be substituted for Irvine and still be a viable Crack Pairing.
- Speaking of Brain Bleach, someone has written Alton Brown/Rachel Ray fanfic. However, one gets the feeling that it's not necessarily meant to be taken seriously.
- Fetish Retardant:
- Sandra Lee tries to go for the "hot cougar" look, but just comes off as tasteless and frumpy. (You could say the exact same thing about Penny from The Next Food Network Star as well!)
- Meanwhile, the Neelys' uncanny ability to turn anything into a sexual innuendo has a tendency to gross some viewers out.
- Memetic Badass: Alton Brown.
- On the spinoff Cooking Channel, Nadia G and Chuck Hughes are starting to gain this reputation.
- Network Decay: The shows on FN as of the last few years have taken a decidedly "home cook friendly" approach, axing many of the more technical shows (or relegating them to awkward hours of day/night) and series that focused on international cuisines and even former staples slowly parting ways (Emeril, Mario Batali, and others). A number of long-time viewers are split on whether or not this was a good thing. The ones who dislike the change tend to be more vocal; ie Anthony Bourdain and practically anyone contributing to this article. Regardless, a return to what it used to be doesn't seem to be likely.
- The Scrappy: Noah from Ask Aida, and Sandra Lee.
- Also Rachael Ray to many.
- Bobby Flay, also to many.
- And many contestants on the The Next Food Network Star, particularly Season 7's Penny, who comes across as unapologetically bullying to the other contestants, brags about how hot she thinks she is, and openly sneers when she is on the winning team in a challenge.
- The aforementioned Penny Davidi from The Next Food Network Star may be on the verge of becoming this to the network in general, as she recently appeared in a couple rounds of Chopped All-Stars (and was almost as much of an egotistical Jerkass there as she was on NFNS) and she may continue appearing in future Chopped and Iron Chef battles (she herself has vowed that she will return to Chopped and stated her intention that she--in her own words--"will eventually conquer Food Network"). If she does continue popping up, it would mean that the network now has a resident villain, which actually could make for some rather amusing television.....
- Also Rachael Ray to many.
- Snark Bait: Many FN shows qualify, but this is arguably how Sandra Lee stays on the air. A number of YouTube videos are dedicated to recreating her more... memorable recipes, and Semi-Homemade's thread on Television Without Pity was so popular it got its own sub-forum.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.