|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
It's sorta like a mash-up of Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen, High Fidelity and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Provides examples of:
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Lampshaded when the main character decides to pursue a career in crimefighting after his beloved 1975 Vespa is stolen.
- Heroic Sacrifice: The Green Lama
- The Load: See above.
- Made of Phlebotinum: FC!'s superheroes can do all those superhero-y things that are impossible in the real world thanks to "Malphysical Particles", which create a cosmic loophole in the laws of physics, rendering them “malleable”.
- Nikola Tesla: The archatypal mad scientist’s time in Colorado Springs plays a vital role in the plot.
- Not So Different: Lampshaded. When the protagonist tells the big bad “…you know, we really aren't so different, you and I. Us, I mean.” - the villain is compelled to list off all the ways they are emphatically not alike.
- Public Domain Character: pulp novel / comic book hero Green Lama serves as Mr. Exposition and Cynical Mentor.
- Punny Name: Sinister Minister Deacon Struck. Because the story is all about deconstructing the superhero genre. Get it? Get it??
- Shock and Awe: Lilywatt
- Stripperific: The electrified-whip wielding heroine Lilywatt goes undercover as a stripper (but only because the plot demands it).
- Whip It Good: Lilywatt's electrically charged whips.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.