|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Fish Tycoon is a casual game created and developed by independent developer Last Day of Work. The game was originally only a downloadable computer game. It now has the Nintendo DS version. In the game, the player is a fish salesman who must breed and take care of fish so you can sell them and get money. The ultimate goal of the game is to breed your way to rediscover the "Seven Magic Fish of Isola." Though to do that, you have to start slow from your first fish and slowly develop your facilities of taking care of more advanced fish before you even get close.
Tropes in this game:
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Technically they're not wildlife, but still.
- An Entrepreneur Is You
- Bragging Rights Reward: Getting all the 7 Magic Fish.
- Guide Dang It: Getting all 7 of the magic fish, good luck trying to randomly breed your fish.
- Gotta Catch Em All: Breeding all the possible fish in the game. More like "Gotta Breed Em All", but it's the same concept.
- Hermaphrodite: The fish seems to be this considering that when you get to the breeding tank, both fish got pregnant.
- Interspecies Romance: All the fish can breed with each other, despite their bizarre differences.
- The Magic Comes Back: The ultimate goal is this, bringing back the magic fish that had disappeared.
- The Magic Goes Away: It was said that in the lagoons of Isola, there were magnificent fish swimming there. It was kept together by the 7 Magic Fish, but one day they all disappeared.
- Oddly Common Rarity: This is what the Magic Fish will end up as considering that you keep breeding them and selling them to random people that go to your store.